Creating Meaning

 Wednesday 22nd September 2021


On a bigger scale this means that we will all read media texts slightly differently because we approach them from our own personal subject position.


My Subject Position; A 13 year old, straight female. Lives in the UK (Cornwall, Bodmin). I go to Bodmin College. I am in year 9. My birthday is 6th August. I love watching anime and I love editing. I also like watching Rick & Morty.













A person who is interested in anime might be interested in this magazine.

A person who is not interested in anime may not.

Denotation

The dictionary definition --- ROSE: Love, passion, romance, death, duality.


Denote: Gun

Connote: Death, injury, murder, violence, power, danger.


Denote: Clown

Connote: Scary, killer, fun, circus, party, entertainment, stupid, silly, horror.


Denote: Thor

Connote: Scary, brave, heavy hammer, marvel, superhero, long blonde hair, red cape, shining armour, powerful, god.












I think 'A Whisker Away' is an excellent movie (it's my favourite anime movie). I highly recommend it, especially if you like anime. It's about a girl that has a crush on this boy, but he doesn't pay any attention to her. She has a cat mask that she got from a big cat mask seller when she was younger. She puts the cat mask on and it turns her into a cat. Then when he finds out she is the cat... well you'll have to watch it to find the rest out ;). I really like the colours on this poster, it kind of shows you the story without watching and really drags people in.

Comments

  1. Good attempt - try to make sure you explain which elements connote what ideas

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Theoretical Framework

Lights! Camera! Action!